Welcome to the Department of Business Administration and Management, Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro. The Department situates at the East Campus of the Institution. Our goal and objective to produce business management personnel for public and private enterprises who should contribute effectively and efficiently to achievement of utilizing human and material resources at any time with the organization and be employers of labour have largely been achieved. Our curriculum is structured in four semesters of classroom work and practicals. The Department has 13 (thirteen) academic staff that have the pre-requisite degrees in Business Administration either at graduate or post graduate levels. All the academic staff are registered with the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) or/and other relevant professional bodies.
Full Time | Time-Table: Day | Duration: 4 Semester
The National Diploma in Business Administration & Management is aimed at producing manpower with sound theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out a number of activities in a business concern effectively. The graduates should be able to:
- conduct a simple structured survey on any aspect of business and make appropriate recommendations to management;
- identify management problems at appropriate levels, analyse them and design management strategies to overcome them;
- interpret and assist in the execution of overall cooperative development policies;
- carry out inspection and auditing books and records;
- carry out evaluation of investment assets for investment purposes and assist in the analysis of investment proposals;
- interpret basic statistical data;
- assist in the preparation of short and long term budgets plans;
- write business reports and carry out various types of business communication effectively;
- apply principles of accounts to different types of accounting transactions;
- explain various legal principles and procedures governing the regulations of companies as contained in Company and Allied Matter Act 1990 and its successors, amendments and derivatives;
- apply mathematics and other quantitative techniques in management decision process;
- conduct product training surveys for manufacturing organizations;
- organize sales and distribution of materials;
- carry out market research and similar functions;
- carry out effective purchasing tasks and sales advertising;
- explain basic concepts and principles in economics and their applications in mixed economy;
- use statistical references as aid to business planning and control
- understand the basic principles of law and apply them to business relationships and transactions;
- keep simple records of financial and other transactions in any organization; and
- by efficiently and wisely obtaining the best possible value for every naira spent;
- undertake proper storage and preservation of materials and goods;
- speak and write clear, correct and effective, functional English;
- ensure continuity of supply both to markets or production units.
Part Time | Time-Table: Day/weekend | Duration: 6 Semester
The programme is designed to produce middle-level business and management personnel for the public and private enterprises who should understand the nature and purpose of business and should be able to contribute effectively to the achievement of the under lying objectives by utilizing the human and material resources at any time within organisations, and should be able to:
- Conduct a structural survey on any aspect of business and make recommendation to appropriate authority when required to do so;
- identify management problems at appropriate levels, analyse them, and design management strategies to overcome them;
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control effectively, business activities at appropriate level and eventually appraise and recommend as appropriate.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
Applicants seeking Higher National Diploma [HND] admission must possess the basic entry requirements for the National Diploma Programme. In addition, the applicant must possess the ND in Business Administration obtained at not less than the Lower Credit level from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro or from any other Polytechnic accredited for the programme, or its recognised equivalent plus a minimum of one  year post qualification relevant industrial work experience. The candidate should also request his or her institution to forward his or her official academic transcript under confidential cover to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES
WAEC,GCE[O/L],SSCE,NECO,NABTEB or equivalent with Credits in English Language(not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce, Business Methods / Business Studies, Principles of Accounts / Book Keeping, Literature in English, Geography, Office Practice, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, History/Government, Typewriting, Shorthand, Civic Education, Financial Accounting, French, Insurance, CRS/IRK, Marketing, Salesmanship, Store Keeping, Store Management, Computer Studies, Entrepreneurship Education, Social Studies
BSc (Business Administration), MSc.(General Management), PhD (Business Administration), HOD
Private Mail Bag 50, The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Oja Odan Road, Ogun State.
+23481 234 567 8900
Copyright © 2019. The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro | Ogun State. All Rights Reserved.