The Department was initially conceived in 1994. Efforts of the Academic Board to mount the programme culminated in the NBTE Resource Inspection of 10th & 11th November, 1994 for ND Programme. Initial accreditation was granted to the ND Programme with effect from February, 1997. In March 1998, a team of NBTE officials carried out a resource inspection which formed the basis for the approval granted by the NBTE for mounting the HND Programme at the commencement of the 1998/1999 academic session. The HND Programme was fully accredited by the NBTE in the year 2000. The Department achieved another accreditation in 2006 for a period of five years for both ND and HND Programmes. National Board for Technical Education conducted re: accreditation for the Department from 16th – 20th April, 2012 and did grant accreditation for a period of five (5) years with effect from 1st October, 2011 with two streams of thirty students each for ND Programme and one stream of thirty students HND Programme. Another re: accreditation was conducted for the Department by the NBTE from 3RD – 6th June, 2018. In the same vein, the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigerian (ESVARBON), a body established by the Federal Government of Nigeria through Decree 24 of 1975 (CAP E13 LFN 2007) and charged with the general responsibility of among others “determining standards of knowledge and skill to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as estate surveyors and valuers and reviewing such standards from time to time for the purpose of raising them” has consistently accredited the Department. The last accreditation exercise was carried out between 19th and 21st June, 2018and the Board granted full accreditation for another five years. This will expire in September 2022.
Full Time | Time-Table: Day | Duration: 4 Semester
The National Diploma provides adequate understanding and skills for the management of the whole physical environment, including the economic, financial, constructional, legal, social and political aspects. It also examines the techniques, quantitative and qualitative tools, used in the practice of Estate Management. In specific terms, the graduates should, among other, be able:
- to survey, insect and report on land and landed property (particularly the locational and structural conditions) for development, management, maintenance, repairs and valuation purposes;
- to examine, produce and interpret building plans as well as take measurement of land and buildings;
- to carry out market surveys under other enquiries on properties and to collect, compile and compute data for valuation purposes;
- to manage properties for landlords in relation to selection of tenants, service of notices to quit premises, and management of buildings, facilities etc.
- to inspect and report on state lands as well as assist in the implementation of policies regarding acquisition, allocation and administration of land resources; and
- to assist in processing and registration of title documents such as Certificate of Occupancy, Deed of Mortgage, Deed of Assignment and sub-lease.
Part Time | Time-Table: Day/weekend | Duration: 6 Semester
Land use studies are concerned with the complex interwoven pattern of the relationship between man and land. The Higher National Diploma in Estate Management is aimed at providing adequate understanding and skills for the management of the whole physical environment, including the economic, the financial, the constructional, legal, social and political aspects as well as examining the techniques both quantitative and qualitative tools used in the practice of estate management. On completion of the programme, the graduate should be able to:
- take measurement of land and buildings;
- carry out market surveys and other enquiries on properties;
- collect, compile and compute data for valuation purposes;
- survey inspect and report on locational and structural conditions of properties for management, maintenance, repairs and evaluation purposes;
- inspect state lands and make regular reports;
- manage properties for land lord in relation to selection of tenants;
- service of notice to quit premises, renewal of lease and maintenance of buildings etc;
- examine and interpret building plans;
- assist in the implementation of policies regarding allocation and administration of land resources;
- assist in the processing of application for right of occupancy and subsequent transactions;
- assist in the registration of the title documents i.e c of o, deeds of mortgage, deed of assignment and subleases;
- assist the public with government notices to compulsorily acquire right of occupancy;
- carry out routine control, supervision and occupation of government land and collection of rent and license fees; and
- assist in keeping estate accounts for clients.
Part Time | Time-Table: Day/weekend | Duration: 6 Semester
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
Applicants seeking Higher National Diploma [HND] admission must possess the basic entry requirements for the National Diploma Programme. In addition, the applicant must possess the ND in Estate Management and Valueation obtained at not less than the Lower Credit level from the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro or from any other Polytechnic accredited for the programme, or its recognised equivalent plus a minimum of one  year post qualification relevant industrial work experience. The candidate should also request his or her institution to forward his or her official academic transcript under confidential cover to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro.
NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) PROGRAMMES
WAEC,GCE[O/L],SSCE,NECO,NABTEB or equivalent with Credits in English Language, Mathematics, a basic Science and any two of the following: Geography, Economics/Commerce, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Studies, Technical Drawing, Painting and Decoration, Graphics Design, Civic Education, Wood work, Plumbing and Pipe Fitting, Literature in English, Metal Work, Principles of Cost Accounting, Book Keeping, Government, Financial Accounting, Computer Craft Studies, Draughtsmanship, Machine WoodWorking, Fabrication and Welding.
ND, HND, BSc. (Estate Management), MSc. (Urban & Regional Planning ), PGDE (Project Management), PhD. (Real Estate & Facilities Management), HOD
Private Mail Bag 50, The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Oja Odan Road, Ogun State.
+23481 234 567 8900
Matriculation Oath Form (PDF)
Benefits & Resources
Ministry of Education
National Board for Technical Education
© The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro 2021